Monday, September 3, 2007

It never ends

We here at Nick's Blog celebrate bad beats. Because we know that venting makes us feel better and entertains at least 3 or 4 of my 15 readers. This is particularly sick because it knocked me out on the bubble.

Why would I even play a hand on the bubble? The villain here had been getting way, way out of line.

Full Tilt Poker Game #_: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (_), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:35:49 ET - 2007/09/03
Seat 2: villain (4,740)
Seat 3: (3,890)
Seat 7: hero (3,250)
Seat 9: (1,620)
hero posts the small blind of 80
Seat 9 posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [Qd Ac]
villain raises to 4,740, and is all in

Don't worry. That doesn't mean a thing at this point.

Seat 3 folds
hero calls 3,170, and is all in
Seat 9 folds
villain shows [Jd 6s]

Yeah. That's not a surprise.

hero shows [Qd Ac]
Uncalled bet of 1,490 returned to villain
*** FLOP *** [7h Ad 6d]
*** TURN *** [7h Ad 6d] [8d]

Now he's worse than an 8:1 dog. He only has 5 outs - 2 sixes and 3 jacks.

*** RIVER *** [7h Ad 6d 8d] [Jc]

Oh of course.

villain shows two pair, Jacks and Sixes
hero shows a pair of Aces
villain wins the pot (6,660) with two pair, Jacks and Sixes
hero stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,660 | Rake 0
Board: [7h Ad 6d 8d Jc]
Seat 2: villain showed [Jd 6s] and won (6,660) with two pair, Jacks and Sixes
Seat 3: (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: hero (small blind) showed [Qd Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: (big blind) folded before the Flop

You know, I don't ask for much. I don't get disappointed when the odds aren't in my favor and I don't suck out. I don't even get bothered when I don't win a coin flip (except when I lose, like, 15 of them in a row). But what drives me insane is getting all my money in in situations where I have my opponent well and truly dominated... and then getting screwed. I had him at 2:1 before the flop, 4:1 on the flop and 8:1 on the turn.

No comments: