Monday, September 29, 2008

Speechless

Full Tilt Poker Game #_: $33 + $3 Sit & Go (Turbo) (_), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:46:27 ET - 2008/09/29
Seat 4: (3,095)
Seat 6: villain (3,100)
Seat 7: (2,095)
Seat 8: hero (2,400)
Seat 9: (2,810)
hero posts the small blind of 100
Seat 9 posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [Jh Js]
Seat 4 folds
villain raises to 3,100, and is all in
Seat 7 folds
hero calls 2,300, and is all in
Seat 9 folds
villain shows [9s 9c]
hero shows [Jh Js]
Uncalled bet of 700 returned to villain
*** FLOP *** [6d 2c 4s]
*** TURN *** [6d 2c 4s] [Qh]
*** RIVER *** [6d 2c 4s Qh] [9d]

You know, I don't think I ask for much from this game. I really don't. If I get my money in with the 2nd best hand, then so be it. But I think that having your opponent down to two outs on the river (for those of you following the math, that's better than 20 to 1 odds) really ought to come through.

It's been one of those nights. Every coin flip comes up tails, every time I have AK, I run up against AA. And then there's hands like this. I finally get a big pair that isn't an under-pair, and it still ends me.

At the boot camp they talked about good players and bad players both having A games and F games, but that for good players, the F game is not much worse than the A game (in contrast to the bad players). Fine. My F game is not so hot. I can admit that. But anyone who doesn't truly understand this game can't know the anguish of playing an A+ game and being punished for it.

villain shows three of a kind, Nines
hero shows a pair of Jacks
villain wins the pot (5,000) with three of a kind, Nines
nsayer stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,000 | Rake 0
Board: [6d 2c 4s Qh 9d]
Seat 4: didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: villain showed [9s 9c] and won (5,000) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 7: (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: hero (small blind) showed [Jh Js] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 9: (big blind) folded before the Flop

No comments: