Monday, October 25, 2010

Why don't they stock the good stuff?

Scarlet wants a speakerphone for the van. I did some research and I found the exact right one. Which is unusual. It's the Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth car kit. It's the most promising product pitch I've had: It's a speakerphone that does A2DP and has an auxiliary output (instead of an FM transmitter - we went to great trouble to get an aux port for the stereo to avoid FM transmitters). It plugs into the power port (formerly known as cigarette lighter) and has a USB power outlet.

So it's wonderful. I'm sold. I want one.

So why isn't there any in any stores nearby? I swear, it's supernatural. The one thing you want to buy is the one thing nobody ever stocks.

We'll actually have to see whether it lives up to the hype or not, but we won't know for a week because I had to buy one through the internet.

Grumble.

No comments: