Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tired of bullshit suck-outs

Played in the Bay 101 midnight points qualifier this evening. This is a re-buy tournament. I hate re-buy tournaments. But I came out of the re-buy period relatively unscathed. I re-bought once before we started (everybody did), and I did the add-on (everybody did), but didn't re-buy anymore than that with about the third highest stack at the table. About the 4th hand after the first break I'm in the small blind and get ATo. It's folded around, so I raise. The big blind calls. The flop comes KK4. I decide to represent the king by check-raising, so I check but then the big blind goes all-in. Now, if the flop had one king, I could fold. But would he really push if he flopped top set? Wouldn't he want to get value? So I went with my read that my AT was good and called. He turns over 56o. The table was suitably awed with my read. But then he rivers a 5 and I am out. Let's see: a 6 outer on the river is, what, a 7:1 dog?

Last night in the last midnight tournament for this group I got fucked just as badly. I had AQ suited and was short, so I went all-in and got two callers. The flop missed everybody, so both of them went all-in. One had 7s, the other had 8s. I got my ace on the river, which made me a 9:1 favorite. And the river came a 7.

So, I say to the poker Gods... whatever it is that I've done, I'M SORRY!

No comments: